According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), about 1 in 5 Americans struggle with the symptoms of mental illness, and over 20 million adults suffer from a substance use disorder. While the experience of one or both of these conditions is common, getting the proper diagnosis and navigating treatment options can be quite difficult and overwhelming. It often takes families an unnecessary amount of time to receive appropriate diagnosis and treatment, during which time the condition may continue to worsen.
About PFBH Assessment Center
To meet these needs, PFBH Assessment Center was created. Our goal is to provide clients and families with the clarity and guidance they need on the wide variety of behavioral health issues they are facing. The Assessment Center team utilizes their clinical expertise to form an accurate diagnosis and to identify an optimal treatment option to fit the unique needs of each client.
Appointments are available for both adults and adolescents seeking help with mental health conditions, substance use disorders, and eating disorders. After the completion of the assessment itself, the focus shifts to helping the individual, and his or her family, to understand the diagnosis and bridge the gap between treatment and recovery.
What Happens During the Assessment Process?
Assessments take approximately two hours and are always conducted by an experienced and licensed mental health professional (Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker) with a Master’s degree. The assessment will consist of:
- An interview with the client
- Interview with the client’s available family and/or support system
- Collaborative input from current treatment providers
- Consultation with the Clinical and/or Medical team at Pyramid Family Behavioral Healthcare
The Behavioral Health Assessment provides helpful insight surrounding the following categories:
- Relational dynamics
- Overall general health
- Life stressors such as work and school
Upon Completion of the Assessment Process:
When the assessment is complete, the licensed clinician will meet with the client and the identified support system to explain the following information:
- Review findings and diagnostic impression determined from the assessment.
- Review appropriate and ideal treatment options available based on clinical needs identified in the assessment. Treatment options may range from low frequency outpatient counseling to acute inpatient stabilization. The Assessment Center will provide several treatment options that are deemed clinically and medically necessary.
- Assist the client and family and/or support system in accessing treatment options. The Assessment Center will refer and connect clients to treatment services whether the services are provided by Pyramid Healthcare or other trusted treatment providers.
- To ensure continuity of care, the outcome of the assessment is reviewed with any other treatment providers who may already be involved in the client’s care, provided there is a signed Release of Information on record to indicate permission to do so.
The PFBH Assessment Center is here to offer clarity, support, and direction for families in need of behavioral health assessment and treatment options. We are here to provide answers to the questions clients, families, and providers have at any time during the treatment and recovery process.
Pyramid Healthcare has a variety of program offerings to facilitate the transition of patients coming from any background or walk of life. These programs can meet a variety of treatment needs that the Assessment Center team may uncover during an evaluation. Below is a trusted list of programs that may be helpful to you:
The Atlanta metropolitan area is home to almost 6 million people and continues to grow. We have recognized that there has been a long standing gap in treatment services for adolescents and adults suffering with depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
Pyramid Family Behavioral Healthcare is based in Atlanta, Georgia and offers intensive outpatient treatment programs for adults and adolescents seeking exceptional mental health treatment. This facility focusses on treating patients through individual, family, and group therapy. We strive to identify unmet needs and tailoring treatment to each patient.
The foundation of Family Behavioral Healthcare lies in its dedication to treating the individual as a part of a family system. By tackling issues of the entire family unit, the goal of improving one’s ability to find fulfillment in life becomes a reality.
Family Behavioral Health Corporate Headquarters:
123 Peach Street
Atlanta, GA 12345
Located in rural western Pennsylvania, Silvermist inspires hope through empowerment, fellowship and recovery from addiction for young adults in a campus setting. With a high clinician-to-client ratio, Silvermist’s programs address the complexities of drug addiction as well as underlying trauma, PTSD and co-occurring mental health challenges.
130 Critchlow School Rd.
Renfrew, PA 16053
Founded by two men in recovery with a shared dream of establishing a sober living environment that reached its full potential, Real Recovery is a residence for young men and women ages 17-28 located in Asheville, North Carolina. Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, Real Recovery provides a unique, adventure-based sober living experience that encourages residents to explore and appreciate the great outdoors as part of their journey to recovery.
145 Powers Road
Asheville, NC 28804
Surrounded by North Carolina’s beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, Silver Ridge focuses on substance abuse treatment and is the preferred destination for personalized and individualized addiction assistance. The 15-bed facility is staffed by clinical professionals who have dedicated their lives to helping our clientele achieve recovery. The true value of Silver Ridge lies in its empirically based, individualized, person-centered care.
183 Old Turnpike Road
Mills River, NC 28759
Located in western North Carolina, Tapestry empowers adults and teens with eating disorders to live well and better their lives during recovery. Tapestry provides client-centered treatment planning that is individualized, skill-based, supportive and personal. Tapestry also encourages residents to engage in the local community to hone their new skills and practice them in the real world.
11 North Country Club Road
Brevard, NC 28712
Pyramid Family Behavioral Healthcare Assessment Center
11138 State Bridge Road
Suite 100 B
Johns Creek, GA 30022
P – 678.274.4936 / 866.204.7306
F – 770.667.9895
Hours of Operation:
M-F 11:00 AM – 7:30 PM
We are proud to offer:
- Individualized programming based on a low therapist to patient ratio, highly customized treatment, and a therapeutic environment thoughtfully built as a comfortable refuge for healing.
- A family systems approach to every treatment plan, giving patients an opportunity to understand key relational dynamics and craft a comprehensive roadmap toward healthier living.
- Services that are tailored to the individual’s stage of development or life-stage for both more effective programming and a more cohesive treatment peer group. Research tells us the brain’s pre-frontal cortex continues to develop until about the age of 25 yet many programs deliver clinical services in the same manner whether the client is 15 or 45.
- A holistic or integrative treatment model to empower of the individual to establish resiliency. Clients and families are challenged to be an active participant in treatment and make decisions that lead to wellness.