Intensive outpatient programs are designed to deliver inpatient intensity and focus, while still letting the client maintain their life in an outpatient setting. They are helpful for someone that may not be able to commit to an inpatient program due to their job, family responsibilities, or other commitments, or someone who just doesn’t meet the necessary criteria for an inpatient treatment program.
One of the most commonly cited benefits of an intensive outpatient treatment program is that the patient can use everything they learn in their sessions immediately in the real world. While this is one of more common reasons why someone would choose an IOP, it isn’t the only reason.
Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program Benefits
- Increased duration of treatment has shown to lead to better recovery outcomes
- Flexible and easily accessible IOP services allow the patient to maintain his or her everyday routines and responsibilities
- Lower costs compared to a residential or inpatient treatment program
- Clinical flexibility to respond to individual needs
- Higher retention rate than low-intensity outpatient programs
- Daily real-world opportunities to apply newly learned coping skills
- Increased opportunities to establish community-based support
- Enhanced treatment programs for relapses
- Greater patient responsibility
- Provides a greater level of privacy for the patient
- It isn’t necessary to miss long periods of work or be away from family
- Participation in local self-help groups from the beginning of treatment
- Enhanced ability to develop long-term supportive relations with other patients
Whether you are newly out of an inpatient rehab program or looking for the level of support not available in a typical outpatient environment, the intensive outpatient programs of Pyramid Family Behavioral Healthcare can help. Call or contact us today to set up a screening interview and take your first step towards recovery.
|Atlanta Outpatient Treatment||Adult Intensive Outpatient Program|
|Adolescent IOP||IOP Treatment Center Atlanta|
All content provided on the Pyramid Healthcare, Inc. blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to represent medical advice. Pyramid Healthcare, Inc. and its blog authors make no guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Pyramid Healthcare, Inc. and its blog authors will not be liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided in the blog, nor be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. The opinions stated in this blog reflect those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of Pyramid Healthcare, Inc. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.